Friday, April 2, 2010

Bunny Banner

This may be one of my favourite ever off the page projects.

I used the golden book 'Little Cotton Tail' which I scored cheap as chips at the Kindy Gala. I carefully pulled the book apart and used the back cover to make a template.


Then I laid the template on each page choosing the best parts of the pictures as possible. Then I cut them out.


When I was done I used the scraps to punch out some scalloped circles.

Then I laid my pieces out on the table to ensure I had a balanced look- I was looking for triangles that had quite solid colour to be evenly spread with those that had more white/text areas- the same with my scalloped circles. At this point I should probably have carefully stuck them carefully together. But I just hit the sewing machine and I eyeballed them all and either luckily or because of incredible skill had a happy result.

I did carefully tape my ribbons into place before I stitched the on each end...

Then I tied it into a loop to hang on the hooks we have in the kitchen.


How sweet do those bunnies look!!




A super fun and groovy vintage Easter bunting....

No comments: