Monday, December 7, 2009

Challenge Day 6; Wreath

I was lead by Julie FFB who often serves up some great inspiration on her blog to this little piece of inspiration which is made by this talented Chickadee! Our wreath at home was mine before I ever met Les or had the kid twinkles in my eyes I overhauled it a little last year but it was a bit like flogging a dead something! So inspired I made this....

  1. I cut the top you can see here down the sides into two pieces.
  2. Stitched the top of the back onto the bottom of the front.
  3. Brought a $10 wreath base from Spotlight.
  4. Asked the love of my life to use some of his amazing adhesive stash to cover the wreath in batting.
  5. Carefully draped my length of fabric around the wreath.
  6. Pinned the open end in place to ensure a good overlap under my button's- it was quite long enough so I cut a little salvage off and placed it behind the buttons so you can't see the white.
  7. Then I pulled the pieces together and carefully hand stitched it up.


I am really pleased with the end result....


Although I'm not sure if it's 100% done I may add some metal, fabric or paper flowers (or some combo of all 3) at some point in the future. Something like this....



If you want more wreath inspiration check out these!

2 comments:

Queen T said...

Is this material from the top you brought a week or so ago? Its supa cute - very creative!

Unknown said...

I love the repurposing of this top (if that's the right word). Like the colours as well and have to agree about needing a little something else. Can't wait to see the finished wreath.